One of my favorite springtime occurrences is the awakening of trees from their deep slumber. The below are micropoems and other thoughts from my twitter timeline. Notice a common theme?
- The trees breathe deeply like inverted lungs stretching upward.
- The springtime trees have reaching hands, and the hands have thin fingers, and the fingers proudly hold their pearls of promise.
- The trees are in love with each other in springtime. Their passion is shouted to the world in pollen.
- Tiny clouds of green gracefully balanced over elegantly extended, long, woody fingers. The etiquette of spring trees.
- Lessons from trees: cherish silence, bask in the sun, sway in the wind, keep some things private, stand tall.